Saturday, January 5, 2013

Southern France


This past summer I spent a few weeks traveling through southern France along the Rhone River with my grandmother. We took a cruise that explored all aspects of France but focused mainly on wine. Before my trip, I found myself intrigued by wine and the industry, but thought nothing more of it than another product made in the United States. After traveling to France and experiencing wine in a whole new light I became not only intrigued but also fascinated.  In France I saw how wine was a part of the daily culture, the atmosphere, and all aspects of living. We visited many wineries, big to small and I was able to view the major differences in the production of wine in the United States, and the production of wine in France. At the time I did not know a lot about wine but being in the presence of wine and wine enthusiast's it allowed me to catch on quickly and learn more than I could have ever dreamed. In my opinion I think the most intriguing part about wine is sitting down at a table with a group of people of different backgrounds, stories and life experiences and opening a bottle with them. It is amazing how each person has something different to say, and how just tasting a glass of wine can lead to so many different conversations. My trip to France was the trip of a lifetime and I can not wait to explore other countries and their wine.






No comments:

Post a Comment